We got to Frankfurt a few hours ago, and after a good nap I'm ready to post some photos.
Yesterday, we did some sightseeing with Yury, Louis, Miguel and his son Pau. Well, we actually intended to see some sights, but we got a late start. By the time we left the pub, it was nearly dark. We went to the Westminster Tube stop to see Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, etc. The guys wanted to go on the London Eye, so they got tickets. The lines were reasonable, so they got on while I sat on a bench and watched. It was really nice - not too cold out, but there was a guy dancing to Michael Jackson music beside my bench, and he was attracting the drunk crowd. A drunk guy kept hovering around me, and he finally asked if he could sit next to me. I told him no and he left.
After they got off the Eye, we met up with Simon to go get some dinner. We ended up at a restaurant under a bridge, just north of the Eye along the Thames. We could hear the trains going overhead all during dinner. The food was really good, and we drank 2 bottles of wine. The restaurant was hosting Christmas parties and giving hats to the partiers, so Cass insisted that he get a hat. The waitress gave in (since we were non-partiers), but she totally gave Cass a girl hat. Everybody had a turn wearing the princess hat.
We went to a pub after dinner and ended up going back to the hotel way too late. Cass and I had to get up early this morning to get to Heathrow for our flight to Frankfurt.
7 comments:
Testing comments
Sounds like things are off to a great start! I bet the Eye is really cool at night - I got to ride it a few years ago during the daytime and I liked it a lot. Cindy - why didn't you go?
Cindy doesn't like heights.
She's watched me ride it twice, and will never agree to go.
Yea! I can comment again. I wouldn't go on the eye either. Too high for me.
Ditto Sandra. Cindy and I watched Cass, Jon Patrick and the kids from our bench:-). I didn't feel like puking that day.
I can't believe adults like you are are afraid of heights!!!!!
Post a Comment