Saturday, November 17, 2007

@(*&&^*% ^#!!!

Got an email from Cass this morning. He's in London now.

I am going to have to go to Seattle for the MS GAB the two days befor I leave for London. I will have to change my flight to go directly from Seattle to London. I think I am ready for a break in my travel schedule.

Many curse words are going through my mind. Still. 3 hours later.

He has traveled nearly every week since school started. I don't handle the stress inside very well, which is why I've been trying to treat myself a little bit. I guess it's been working, but I know what else would work - make the travel stop.

In other news, I made cornbread dressing yesterday. It's a recipe that my Mom has always used. She xeroxed a page out of an unidentified cookbook and has used it for years. I got my Dad to fax it to me a few years ago, and I've used it a good bit. We don't usually travel to Mississippi for Thanksgiving, because of limited time.

At the rate we're going, the kids and I will get to enjoy my dressing without Cass.

3 comments:

tlm said...

While you are having your Dad send your Mom's recipes, could you get her Caramel Cake Recipe? She tried to teach me to make it, but cooking is NOT my strongest subject! That said, I have learned a lot about kitchen chemistry in the last few years (thank you, Alton Brown, Iron Chef, and Top Chef!), and I would love to attempt it again. Lo

knitforknot said...

I'm sending you comforting, stress-reducing, spirit-lifting thoughts. It is not easy going through this not knowing when your husband will be there to help out. Wish I were closer to help.

Take care!

Cass Everitt said...

To make matters worse, this is apparently at some beautiful resort kind of place. This would have been an ideal place to drag Cindy along to...

and I'm sure I'd love to go under other circumstances.