I have a new BFF. Her name is Beata. She is a massage therapist at Massage Heights in Round Rock, and she is a magic maker.
Back in the early summer, I started having migraines daily. After a month or so, I finally went to see my doctor. She couldn't find anything wrong with me, except for the incredible tension that I carry in my neck and shoulders. She recommended either PT or chiropractic "therapy." I told my doc that I had been led to believe that chiropractors are unnecessary, and that I'd prefer PT. She highly recommended a chiropractor in Georgetown who specializes in issues that cause migraines, and she asked that I consider giving him a try. She said that PT for my issues would take a while to give relief, while I would leave the chiropractor's office with immediate improvement.
So off I went. I saw Dr. Chiropractor for about 3 months. And yes, I did get immediate relief. He gave me exercises to do to help stretch my neck muscles and stablize my spine in that area to prevent further problems. I stopped seeing him in September.
With everything that's been going on in our household, my old problem of neck tension has crept back up. I've been doing my exercises a good bit, but this week my headaches started back. I didn't really want to go back to the chiropractor, because then that would make it true that chiropractic is a ruse to get you to come back and give them more money, so I decided to indulge in a little massage therapy on my own. This is how I was introduced to Beata.
I went to Massage Heights at 10 am this morning. I talked to her about my neck problems, and she said she could do a 1 hour deep tissue massage of my problem areas - neck, shoulders, back, and arms.
Did you know that massage can HURT? It was a good hurt, though, not a painful one. She worked my neck and shoulders quite completely, and I could tell that there was a lot of inflammation in there. While I was laying on my stomach on her table, my nose got all stuffy, and I had to breathe through my mouth. When I got up, I could feel the fluid retention in my face. It was all I could do to stand up and walk out of there - my body was like a limp noodle.
I came home, took some magnesium (good for muscles), drank a glass of cold water, got my heating pad and laid in bed. I dozed for about 2 hours. I feel so AWESOME right now! I hope it lasts, because I could surely get used to hanging out with Beata.
Other updates
I had the Upstairs Maid people come for the first time on Monday. They were to arrive at 1 pm and be done in about 1 - 1.5 hours. It took them 2.5 hrs! They cleaned all surfaces, vacuumed, mopped, dusted blinds, cleaned the ceiling fan blades, and got the cobwebs out of the ceilings. Amazing. I didn't request any certain kinds of products - it was all I could do to get them to take my key, because they only spoke Espanol. But I love that my house is all clean and straight - even on the Wednesday after. Luke has taken to removing his socks in the house, because our hardwood floors are very slick from whatever they cleaned them with. LOL!
Cass is in Helsinki, Finland today. That's all I know. When he called last night, we were having a "server" issue with the website that we host on our own personal computer server. Turns out that it wasn't our problem and we couldn't fix it - but we still had to spend 25 min of international cell phone costs trying to establish that fact. Just let me say that we've asked this website to move to a different server several times, yet they won't because why move when it's free right now? Yet they complain about server issues all the time. Ticks me off.
No comments:
Post a Comment