Wednesday, November 7, 2007

~Insert creative title here~

It's funny - I rarely have a cohesive topic about which to blog. There is usually so much stuff going on around here, that my head is literally swimming most of the time. My blog entries tend to reflect that. It's hard to title a jumbled up mess of stuff.

Cass is in California - say it with me - AGAIN. Well, technically he was in California Monday and Tuesday. Today, he flew to Seattle for some meetings with Microsoft. I don't know if he gets back tomorrow night or Friday morning. It's funny, I used to keep his flight info printed out, where I could get my hands on it in case I needed to know where he was at any given moment. Now he travels so much that I rarely bother to make the effort. Besides, he has a cell phone - and I could call him at any time - but I have to be careful not to call during meetings. He also checks his email obsessively on his Blackberry, so I get almost instantaneous email turn-around.

I'm going to take the plunge and hire a maid service. I've gotten a quote from them for service every other week, and I'm in the process of booking our first cleaning (via email - LOVE that!). I could probably get by with less frequent cleaning, but I really like some of the "extras" that they give their every other week clients, so I'm going to treat myself. Isn't that funny - a maid service is a treat. LOL!

Cameron and Logan's friend Taylor is moving this weekend. I'm surprised that I'm actually a little bit sad about it. OK, I'm a lot sad about it. She's in Cameron's grade and lives just around the corner, about 4 houses away - and she's been a very good friend to both of the girls. Cameron has such a hard time making/being friends with people that I really hate to see her go. Her family has built a new house in a small ranch town outside of San Antonio.

I took Cameron and Logan to the dentist for a checkup this morning. Since Cass was gone, Luke had to be at preschool at 9am, and the appointment was at 9:20am - I didn't make the girls go to school first thing this morning. We "slept in" until 7am. Logan has 3 cavities (her first ones in more than 5 yrs!), and 1 of them is a broken tooth. She'd complained about her tooth hurting once or twice about a month ago, but she never said anything about it again. Turns out, it's cracked. It would require a crown, but they're just going to fill it because it's loose and will fall out within a year or so. When I checked the girls into school, I got asked for a doctor's excuse for the first time in the 4+ years at this school. I love the effects like this of becoming a large school (not). We have 1200 students at an elementary (K-5th) that was designed for about 750 kids. And this is AFTER they redrew the boundaries to relieve overcrowding. Luckily, a new elementary opens close by next year, so hopefully our numbers will actually go down. But we may not even be here anyway.....

4 comments:

knitforknot said...

When Johnny was traveling all the time my standard answer was he's somewhere, just not here. :) I'm so jealous of the maid service!! Let us know how that goes. Are you going with the chemical free cleaning?

Sorry to hear about the friend moving, we had one move a while back, but it was more a relief on my part. Hope it will work out OK with the girls.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

I had an every-other-week housekeeper when I lived in Tupelo. I was kind of embarassed about it but it was SO nice! I can't imagine how it would be with 4 other people in my house. You will be SO glad you did it!

Sandra said...

I wish I could have a maid while we are trying to sell the house, but it would not make too much of a difference with 2 professional house messer-uppers living with me. They would have it dirty again the next day after cleaning. (sigh)

Marcus said...

A housekeeping service, 3600 square foot house, and jaunts to Europe. In all it's Southern context: Bless your Heart!

Maybe I can like you again when I successfully beat my envy back into its' box.