The mystery illness is yet unidentified. The thing about living in a big place like this is that you can rarely get in to the pediatrician in a timely manner. I called first thing this morning, and the earliest appointment I can get is 3:50 pm - and that's with another doctor in the practice. I'm not very fond of the "other" doctors at our clinic - there's one that I won't allow my children to see at all anymore - but I love our pediatrician. She's very hard to see when you don't schedule in advance.
Anyway, Logan seems perkier today, which is unusual. She's still got a temp in the 100-101 range, so she just turned her short week of school into a full week of vacation!
(I have to agree that it's all Marcus's fault! :)
I have a story for you. The street that we live on has lots of kids on it, so we let the girls play out in our yard and some of the other yards on our street when the other kids are out. Cameron was across the street playing basketball with Connor yesterday, and she was in and out of our front door.
I sit down at my compter at about 8pm to check email and stuff. The kids were watching Princess Diaries 2 on Disney Channel. After a little bit, I hear our door chime go off, and I assumed that it was one of the kids going into the garage to get a drink out of that fridge. I didn't really look up from what I was doing, but out of the corner of my eye, I see a GROWN MAN walk past the office and go into our powder room. HOLY SH*&!!! I jumped up, grabbed the phone, and said EXCUSE ME!!! He turns and walks out of the powder room, looks at me dumbfounded, and I yelled GET OUT!!!
He realized then that he had walked into the wrong house, and he started trying to apologize and explain - and I told him I just wanted him the EFF. OUT. OF. MY. HOUSE. It was one of those moments where you get an enormous surge of adrenaline, and you start trying to reconcile that your life may permanently change at that moment. I think he's lucky that I didn't grab something and try to beat the crap out of him, because I really think that I'd have bested him easily at that moment.
I'm pretty sure that he intended to go in my neighbor's house, the single guy who works at Dell and has pool parties all the time, but really - what was he on that he made it in the house, all the way to the powder room without realizing that he was in the wrong place.
I usually check the doors before I go to bed at night, but obviously I didn't do it early enough last night. I even set our security alarm for the first time in a long time last night.
I should have called the cops on his arse. That would have busted up the pool party for the night, eh?
4 comments:
My God. You must be the proof that everyone in Texas doesn't have a gun strapped to them at all times. Otherwise, I'm sure that there would be an additional obituary at the newspaper today.
Holy Cow! I am absolutely SHOCKED at this story! How do you walk into someone's home like that? I would absolutely freak out if that happened to me! I can think of about 3 houses in the world I would feel comfortable walking into without knocking and waiting for an answer. And 2 of them belong to my family members. WOW!
Wow! Things like this are the very reason that I *ALWAYS* keep my doors locked. Glad that you're OK. Things could have also ended pretty badly for this guy.
Good Lord Cin,
I would have had to go change my pants after that!! Were the kids in the living room? I think I probably would have called the police anyway!
Post a Comment