Saturday, November 24, 2007

I turned it off

OK, I have to admit it. I turned the game off yesterday. Early in the third quarter, when Ole Miss scored to go up 14-0, Cass and I turned. it. off.

I went to get cleaned up to take the kids to the 4:00 showing of Enchanted. I was going to watch our basketball game on ESPN2, but it went to halftime as soon as I turned it on. So I switched over to the Arkansas/LSU game. I was amazed that Arkansas seemed to have that one under control.

Then the phone rang. I knew it was my sister - and as soon as I knew it was my sister, CBS broke away from the Arkansas/LSU game for an update on the Egg Bowl. I hit pause on my Tivo and answered the phone. WHAT? WE ACTUALLY WON THAT GAME?!?

She tried to give me a rundown of what had happened, but I didn't hear much of it. When I hung up, I got Cass to go back to the media room with me to watch it. The fourth quarter. Well, the last 10 minutes of the fourth quarter.

We missed the 4:00 showing of Enchanted. But we made it to the 5:40 showing. Then we came home and watched the fourth quarter again.

Tivo's going to save that one until I delete.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

OK, I admit I left the game at the same point that you turned off the TV. When OM scored that second touchdown, I got frustrated and left. I was sitting on my swing outside my house and HEARD the crowd cheering and the cowbells ringing. I knew we had finally scored so I went inside and watched the last 10 minutes of the game. I had it Tivoed too. Dean and I have watched that last 10 minutes about 4 times now. I have even watched it by myself this morning after I read the Starkville Daily and the Clarion Ledger articles. I had to see it again! I kindof feel bad about leaving but, I got to scream and enjoy the win with Dean and the girls. We were all screaming our heads off.

Marcus said...

I've got to be honest. I didn't even know that the game was being played on Friday. I am always thrilled when Ole Miss falls, though. Especially in the Egg Bowl.

Now, if God, the Fates, Karma, and any other mystical force will align tonight and help Alabama beat Auburn, all will be right with the SEC world. At least the parts that I keep up with.

Roll Tide!